Monday, November 2, 2009

Internship

My internship is with UNCG's Interior Architecture department in the Materials Library. This is an opportunity for me to learn about sustainable products that are out there; It also is a chance for me to connect with reps. Talking to these reps are very informative to know more about the products and how they work in space.

My job entails making protocols sheets about each of the products that we have in the library along with products that are coming in, calling reps for information about their products as well as requesting more samples for the library. The protocol sheets are a great asset to the library because it gives students an opportunity to learn about the product, whether its good or bad. This means that I do a lot of research on the products to make sure they are what they say they are.

For the midterm, I chose to rearrange the library layout to make it more welcoming for the students and professors. I moved the desk closer to the door while moving the seating further back. This allows students to come in and know whom to talk to while being comfortable in the space.

My project for my internship is to design a display for the windows as well as a table for behind the desk. The display is showcase new product that we obtain. The table will act the same yet also is an area for working.

No comments:

Post a Comment